There’s Nothing Better than an English Picnic!
What’s not to love about the English summer time? Strawberries, cream tea, trips to the beach, Wimbledon, tanned skin, lollipops, Pimms… the only bad thing is, it doesn’t last long enough – which is why the Gourmet Foods team want you to grab your sun cream, gather your friends and family, and enjoy the sunshine.
Get out of the kitchen and into the garden
There’s nothing worse than having to spend the best part of a warm day stuck in the hot kitchen cooking and baking. We all love socialising outdoors the minute the weather permits, which is why we have worked hard to take away the stress of having to play hostess.
Summer picnics are all about socialising and relaxing, so our menus are simple, yet elegant. Whether you want traditional English finger food, or a little taste of Italian canapés, your guests will have a variety of food to choose from.
No cooking – no cleaning – no stress… you can thank us later!
Shakespearian picnic menus
We have designed a variety of picnic menus, all of which can be tailored around your individual preferences. Whether you dream of typical English picnics, or Italian finger food, or perhaps something even more lavish, we’ve got the cooking and preparation covered – the hardest part for you is deciding which one to choose.
We suggest trying some of the following to really please your guests:
- The Romeo – a selection of canapés, Mediterranean salmon with feta, olive and pesto, honey roast ham, brie and tomato tart, potato salad with crème fraiche and herbs, ceaser salad, trio of tomatoes, with lemon and lime tart.
- The Macbeth – ciabatta roll with home cured Gravadlax, wild rocket and cream cheese, granary cob with rare roast rump of beef, French stick with brie and red onion jam, chicken goujons with lemon mayo, prawns in chilli dip, French onion tart, spinach pakoras, with lemon drizzle cake or chocolate brownie.
- The King Lear – roast fillet of beef, coronation chicken, marinated gravadlax with Chinese noodle vegetables, French onion tart, green bean and shallot salad, tomato and buffalo salad, fruity rice, with strawberries and cream and a luxurious cheese board.
They’re just some of the many packages we offer, and some of the features we can provide. Remember, a huge variety of food is available for you and your guests, and we have a menu to suit all budgets – Click here to view the picnic menus.
So… give us a call, invite your friends over and make the most of the British Summer time.
- Street Food Party
- Planning your wedding catering
- Wedding Menu Ideas
- Romantic Dinners at Home
- Caterer of the Year at the English Wedding Awards
- Sensitive and professional catering for funerals
- New and quirky wedding catering trends to make your day memorable
- Wedding Food Catering
- Jingling all the way with Christmas party catering
- Wedding planning in Birmingham with a personal touch